Policy Controller: The Secretary – 106 Cloes Lane, Clacton on Sea, CO16 8AG Tel: 01255 425292
Website address: http://happyvalleybowls.co.uk.
1) We will never keep or use a club member’s personal information without prior consent.
Upon registration as a club member for the forthcoming season, we request your permission to record your name, address, telephone number and email address, if provided, for the following reasons.
- To enable us to contact you to play in matches or to particpate in other club events.
- In the event of you being a match winner or runner up to enter your name on:-
a) the club’s honours and notice board.
b) a trophy.
c) the website competitions page.
d) the club’s match results entry of a local paper, which may also include your photgraph.
- For the treasurer to keep a record of club membership payments.
- To further facilitate ease of contact, a club official’s name, telephone number and assigned email address are also requested for entry into the club handbook and display on the website.
- Club officials and website editors may keep and use your details securely on their personal computers to correspond between each other, but will obtain your permission before sending them to any third party other than a service provider and other club member.
2) The use of Photographs and Images.
We are pleased to place club member’s relevant photographs/images on display at the club premises and on the website to enhance visitor expereince. On the rare occasion when you do not wish to share location and camera details with us please avoid sending embedded EXIF and GPS data.
Photograph properties can be easily deleted before display. Further details and explaination can be found at the blog https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-ways-to-remove-exif-metadata-from-photos-and-why-you-might-want-to/
3) The Website Contact Form
Emails sent from the website contact form are not encrypted. Should you have sensitive information to discuss, please use the contact form to arrange a meeting with the appropriate club official. Before the form details are sent the sender’s IP address and browser user agent string is checked via a cloud based database to help in spam detection.
5) How long we retain your data
- Member names, addresses and telephone numbers and email addresses are kept by the club throughout the duration of their membership.
- Personal email addresses sent to a club official will be kept by that official until the query is resolved.
- The names of competition winners and runners-up displayed on the club’s honours board and website are for an indefinite period.
6) How we protect your data
Members are given a list of the names, addresses and telephone numbers of fellow club members to assist in the arrangement of games. It is the responsibility of all club members to maintain these details in a confidential manner. We take the misuse of your personal information very seriously. Any member failing to execute reasonable care of personal details may be refused the right to play in bowls matches and attend club events.
7) What rights you have over your data
The club will immedieately erase the personal details of a member and/or photograph held by the club or displayed on the website upon that member’s request. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
8) Who we share your data with
As detailed above the contact form is checked through an automated spam detection service. However at no time will the Happy Valley Bowls Club sell any member’s personal information. Your details will only be given to a third party like a service provider when it is necessary for them to carry out an appointed task.